Monday, May 28, 2012

Moqueca of Ventura, Ca. Pt. 1: Drinks!

Ventura, beautiful sea-side city filled with a bunch of rich retirees living in their rich houses built on liquid because they are too rich for that solid ground non-sense. They have to have their shelter built on top of sea water because it takes more engineers and other professionals to figure out how to make a house that won't collapse in moving water. Why? How else would you spend your money that's just sitting around doing nothing?

Well, I was there for a couple days thanks to my friend's connections. Embassy Suits, baby.

The first meal we had after arriving Ventura, or Oxnard, potato potahto, was at Moqueca (http://www.yelp.com/biz/moqueca-oxnard). It's Brazilian food according to Yelp.com. It also showed three $ signs, that usually means expensive. But what the heck, it's our first time there, might as well invest a little in our happiness.

I could only dream that's what I saw when
I walked into Moqueca.

Sadly I didn't walk into thousands of sexy women wearing nothing but fabulously colored feathers dancing their lives away. I did, however, walk into a waiter whom we later found out that hated his town, for a reason, though. The reason, for one, is that you have to drive at least twenty minutes for Target.

IT'S FRIGGIN TARGET, I WANT THAT 20 MINUTES OF MY LIFE BACK! But no, I can't, I can't have anything back, and we didn't even find that Target. It was so well hidden in the dark of the night, like a well trained special force soldier, waiting in the shadows for that perfect shot, except that this particular Target didn't want to take a shot, it just didn't want us to shop there. Anyway, back to Moqueca.

Drinks came first. My friend ordered this cashew juice drink. No, not the cashew nut juice, that would be ridiculous. Apparently cashew nut is...I'm too lazy to explain, but instead of the usual nut in a shell, the cashew nut actually comes from the cashew fruit, and the nut grows outside of the fruit. Pretty awesome stuff. I tried some of the drink, honestly I don't remember much, but it was similar to apricot and peach, maybe mixed.


Nectar de Caju! Caju sounds funny. I think 
I might name my son Caju, Caju Ho.

I, on the other hand, saw the Guarana Brazilia on the list. I'm always for ordering something that I have no idea what it is. It's super exciting because when you get something delicious, it's like, "yaaaaay." Then when you get something completely disgusting, you're like, "why was I born :(."

I don't get why people hate on "Diet"
so much. I think it's because they don't under-
stand the pain of being fat before.

It is also "The Best from Brazil!" I had to try it!

Because then if this doesn't taste good,
it becomes false advertisement, and I get to hurt 
somebody. Or it's simply stating Brazil got some 
crappy drink as their "best." Win-Win-Win
for me. 

Verdict: pretty good, tastes like a mix of Taiwanese Apple Sidra and Vitali. So I EMPTIED it!

I hope you understand this is taken after the meal.
It'd be kinda dumb if I finished the whole thing before
anything came to the table. Not that it's impossible...


No comments:

Post a Comment